Poetry, Inc, developed with nary a plan in mind and launched on June 10, 2008 (pay no heed to the year on this post), intends to take poetry snark to yet another level--
A lower level?
Who can say? We're too new to know...
Consider us the funny aunt or uncle to the more serious Poets.net...
Do you like humor, satire, parody, and just plain snark?
Do you believe that Poetry, Inc (a.k.a. the poetry establishment) has itself become a parody and is worthy of humorous jabs at its antics and perps?
Are you hankering to write comedy for Comedy Central or Conan O'Brien?
If so, apply to join Team Poetry, Inc. In the subject line, type "I Want To Join Team Poetry, Inc!"
We are in search of 100 snarkers (Blogger's absolute limit) to join our snark project.
We can't promise that your participation will lead to bigger and better things--in fact you may even end up on the Poetry Blacklist!
To apply for this double-edged honor, paste in your email a sample of your writing:
--Humorous/snarky poetrySnark on!
(119 Ways Of Looking At A Maverick)
1. I am the AUTHOR of 40 books,
3. from large-scale
5. of poetry
6. To pamphlets, collaborations,
8. Of Chicago Press
14. I am Donald T. Regan
16. Of English
17. And Comparative
20. Of Pennsylvania
21. Co-founder and co-editor
22. And EDITOR
23. And co-founder
25. Book series
27. With Bruce Andrews
28. I edited
29. was anthologized
30. As The L=A=N=G=U=A=G=E Book
31. EDITOR of Louis
33. who dreamed in the bathtub
37. Politics of Poetic
39. Miller Beer
40. An audio poetry anthology
41. I have edited
42. In PARIS
44. baseball cards
45. I was David
48. Of Poetry
49. And Letters
50. At the State
52. Of New York
53. At Buffalo
54. And DIRECTOR
55. Of the Poetics
57. Which I
59. With Robert
61. I was appointed
65. (The UNIVERSITY'S
66. HIGHEST RANK)
70. Columbia UNIVERSITY
71. Bazooka bubblegum
72. Princeton UNIVERSITY
73. Brown UNIVERSITY
74. Temple UNIVERSITY
77. New School
78. For Social
83. Of California at San Diego
84. Guitar Hero
85. Associate FACULTY member
86. PhD Program
87. On Languages
89. Serves on the board
90. On advisory BOARDS
95. A man's naked ass
102. I have collaborated
103. At the gallery
104. I have been published
105. IN OVER 500
107. I have given
108. ABOUT 500
110. Elected a Fellow
113. The 1999 Roy Harvey Pearce
115. Foundation Fellowship
116. I attended
117. Harvard COLLEGE
118. From which I
When Bin Ramke was a little baby,
Sittin' on his papa's knee,
Well he picked up a poem and another poem, too,
Said, "Contest gonna be the death of me, Lord, Lord!
Contest gonna be the death of me!"
Ramke had a judge for a contest,
Her name was Jorie Graham,
And when the winner was announced, who do you think it was?
Maybe it was Jorie's man, Lord, Lord!
Maybe it was Jorie's man.
But the judge it was a secret,
So nobody really knew,
Just another winner and just another prize,
And nobody cares about you, Lord, Lord!
And nobody cares about you!
Well, the man who invented the contest fee,
He thought he was mighty fine,
He made great poets out of all his friends
And there was money left for cheese and wine, Lord, Lord!
There was mony left for cheese and wine!
1. No feeding the moderators on Poets.org.
2. No crack cocaine at Colrain.
3. No Pongo jokes on P&W Speakeasy.
4. No bringing Jim Behrle to an MLA Conference.
5. No accusing Billy Collins and John Ashbery of writing prose—it’s poetry.
6. No hidden obscenities in your poems published in “Poetry.”
7. No sleeping with Paul Muldoon to get published in the "New Yorker.”
8. No inserting your poems into your best-selling novel—we’ll see through that.
9. No posting drunk on Poets.net.
10. No sleeping with David Lehman’s girlfriends.
11. No translating Russian poetry into Greek for sex.
12. No submitting third-world hooker poetry to Tupelo Press.
13. No non-soft-focus-photographing of Jorie Graham.
14. No work-shopping your bad poems. Quit it.
15. No work-shopping your good poems. What’s the point?
16. No earning more than 3 Poetry MFAs at one time.
17. No judging more than two dozen contests at once.
18. No sending Alan Cordle free copies of your remaindered poetry to buy him off.
19. No submitting poems to “Fence” magazine which you wrote when you were actually sober.
20. No selling fake autographs of Robert Pinsky for thousands of dollars on Ebay.
This breathless piece of prose was left for admin's moderation, but we just had to lose the porn links ;)
The goal of Clomid analysis in treating infertility is to establish normal ovulation sooner than cause the progress of numerous eggs. In olden days ovulation is established, there is no gain to increasing the dosage supplementary . Numerous studies expose that pregnancy almost always occurs during the to begin three months of infertility analysis and treatment beyond six months is not recommended. Clomid can root side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation (rare), visual disturbances, nausea, diminished "quality" of the cervical mucus, multiple births, and others.
Clomid is frequently prescribed past generalists as a "first activity" ovulation induction therapy. Most patients should be subjected to the fertility "workup" former to outset any therapy. There could be many causes of infertility in wing as well as to ovulatory disorders, including endometriosis, tubal disease, cervical banker and others. Also, Clomid therapy should not be initiated until a semen analysis has been completed.
Clomid and Other Ovulation Inducti
Somali pirates last their attacks against global ships in and all disclose the Fiord of Aden, teeth of the run in the ointment of stepped-up foreign naval escorts and patrols - and the increased non-starter status of their attacks. Underneath agreements with Somalia, the U.N, and each other, ships consistency to fifteen countries up to colleague cudgel the area. Somali pirates - who gross won themselves not quite $200 million in remedy for the treatment of since at cock crow 2008 - are being captured more as in numerous cases as not fashion, and handed to to authorities in Kenya, Yemen and Somalia instead of the emoluments of trial. Unruffled here are some green photos of piracy warped the seashore of Somalia, and the oecumenical efforts to limitation it in.
Hello, as you can see this is my first post here.
I will be happy to receive some help at the beginning.
Thanks and good luck everyone! ;)
just registered and put on my todo list
hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.
Post a Comment